Meat-based pasta sauces are popular throughout Italy. The most prominent, ragù alla Bolognese, originated in the northern city of Bologna. Even among residents of the city from which it hails, different variations abound.
Want to write your own Cookbook?Discover a Proven Blueprint you can easily Duplicate to Publish your own Cookbook and Make a Profit in 60 days or less. Go here
1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pancetta to pan, and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chopped onion, chopped celery, and chopped carrot; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add ground veal, ground pork, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in wine. Cook for 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato paste. Reduce heat to medium-low.
2. Place 5 parsley sprigs and next 3 ingredients (through thyme) on a double layer of cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together; tie securely. Add cheesecloth bag and milk to pan; bring to a simmer. Simmer on low heat 1 hour or until thick, stirring occasionally. Discard cheesecloth bag.
3. Bring 6 quarts water and remaining 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in an 8-quart pot. Add pasta to pot; stir. Cover; return water to a boil. Uncover and cook 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Place 1 cup pasta in each of 6 shallow bowls; spoon about 3/4 cup sauce over each serving. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
Wine note: A pasta with Bolognese sauce needs a wine that will balance the richness of the pork, veal, and pancetta, plus mirror the acidity of the tomato paste. A wine made from sangiovese grapes—such as Chianti—is ideal
PS– Join us on Facebook and get more recipes and freebies: Go Here
1) Publish Your Own Cookbook and Make a Profit in 60 Days or Less
How to quickly assess the market to choose a winning theme and price for your cookbook: Go Here
2)Prepare Quick And Easy Recipes Designed With Simple Fat Burning Foods To Banish Your Boring Diet And Burn Fat Faster… Basically, we are using metabolic powers certain foods have to make your body burn more body fat.Go Here
3) GET 500+ CROCKPOT RECIPES
beautiful photos, useful tips and over 500 hand-picked Crockpot recipes which are delicious and easy to make! Go Here