This delight made in the USA is one of the desserts that satisfies all tastes. Today we offer it in a fruit version: strawberry cheesecake. Delicious in its simplicity and with a delicious touch given by the base made with cocoa shortbread biscuits and a tasty topping of dark chocolate curls. Fresh and fragrant, the strawberry cheesecake is the ideal dessert to be served in the summer season.
for the base (for a 24 cm mold):
• Dry chocolate biscuits: 240 g (8,46 oz)
• Butter: 100 g (3,52 oz)
• Brown sugar: 50 g (1,76 oz)
for the cream:
• Spreadable fresh cheese: 500 g (17,63 oz)
• Strawberries: 200 g (7,05 oz)
• Gelatine in sheets: 10 g (0,35 oz)
• Powdered sugar: 130 g (4,58 oz)
• Lemon peel: 1
• Strawberries: 100 g (3,52 oz)
• Fresh liquid cream: 100 ml
• Powdered sugar: 20 g (0,70 oz)
• Dark chocolate: as needed
1) To make the strawberry cheesecake start from the base: place the biscuits and brown sugar in the mixer, chop them finely, then transfer them to a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix the ingredients with a spoon, then butter and line with baking paper a cake pan with an opening circle of 24 cm diameter, pour the mixture and distribute it on the bottom uniformly compacting it with the back of a spoon. Place the base in the freezer for 30 minutes or refrigerate for one hour.
2) Meanwhile, take care of the cream: soak the gelatine sheets in cold water to soften it, wash the strawberries, remove the leaves, cut them in half and place them in the mixer, blend them to get a sauce, sieve with a colander to remove the seeds and make it smooth. Then take 3-4 tablespoons of the sauce (and keep aside the rest) pour into a saucepan to heat it, add the jelly in sheets drained and well squeezed and stir to dissolve, then let the sauce cool. Stir until completely melted and allow to cool.
3) In the sauce kept aside add the spreadable cheese, flavored with lemon rind and mix with a whisk to mix the ingredients until you get a rosé cream, then add the icing sugar to sweeten it. Mix and finally incorporate the cold strawberry sauce in which you melted the gelatin in sheets and mix with the whisk. Take back the base of the cheesecake, pour the cream into the pan, level the surface with the back of the spoon to make the surface smooth and put it in the refrigerator to harden for at least 2 hours.
4) Meanwhile, prepare what you need for the garnish: wash the strawberries, remove the leaves and cut into slices lengthwise, with a peeler cut out the cube of chocolate to get curls. To finish, whip the cream and the icing sugar with the electric whisk and transfer it to a sac-à-poche with a star-shaped nozzle. Take back the cheesecake, turn it into a serving dish and decorate it in the center with the strawberries arranged concentrically, on the edge make a few tufts of cream and lay on top of the chocolate curls. Your delicious strawberry cheesecake is ready to be tasted.
Store the strawberry cheesecake in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. It is possible to freeze it if you have used fresh ingredients. You can replace strawberries with other ingredients available depending on the season: berries, peaches, apricots or orange.
We would like to have your feedback on this recipe …
Your opinion is very important for us ..
Tell us what you think in the comments you find at the bottom of the page.
Enjoy your meal
Stay Tuned – Join us on Facebook and get more recipes and freebies: Go Here