We take advantage of one of the most versatile seasonal vegetables in the kitchen, for a first course with an irresistible creaminess: cream and asparagus. Here we propose a delicious nest of fettuccine wrapped in a velvety condiment that hides here and there tender morsels of asparagus that in addition to giving their typical marked flavor, make the dish pleasantly colored!
- Fettuccine (or spaghetti): 250 g (8,81 oz)
- Asparagus to be cleaned: 400 g (14,10 oz)
- Fresh liquid cream: 150 g (5,29 oz)
- Fresh onion: 100 g (3,52 oz)
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Black pepper: as needed
- Timo: as needed
- Lemon zest: as needed
- To make the cream and asparagus paste, put a pot full of salted water on the stove and bring to the boil, it will be used to cook the fettuccine.. Take care of the cleaning of the asparagus: cut away the most hardy white part, peel the stalks so as to remove the hardest strands, once cleaned you will get about 300 g of asparagus, cut them into oblique washers and divide the tips in half.
- Slice the green part of the spring onion and cut the lightest part into strips. In a pan heat the oil with a clove of garlic, then add the spring onion and let it dry for a minute, adding a little hot water to the need to avoid drying it too much.
- Then remove the garlic and pour the fettuccine into the boiling water and cook a minute less than the time indicated on the package. Continue with the cooking of vegetables and in the pan with the onion add the asparagus into small pieces, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 7-8 minutes, at this point pour the cream.
- Let the sauce shrink for a minute, then drain the fettuccine mixed here directly to flavor then flavored with pepper, fresh thyme leaves and lemon zest. Spadellate for a few moments and then serve the cream and asparagus pasta hot.
The cream and asparagus pasta is a dish to be consumed at the moment. We do not recommend freezing.
The addition to taste of some toasted pine nuts, dried tomatoes in oil or flakes of grated pecorino seasoned cheese will give a touch of flavor to your dish!
We would like to have your feedback on this recipe …
Your opinion is very important for us ..
Tell us what you think in the comments you find at the bottom of the page.
Enjoy your meal!!
Stay Tuned – Join us on Facebook and get more recipes and freebies: Go Here