A pretty little perfume comes from the kitchen. You can feel the taste of the sea, given off by the squid rings cooked in a delicious tomato sauce together with the fresh and aromatic fragrance of chopped parsley at the moment. What delicacy, are the paccheri pasta with squid sauce! A first course to be done expressly for a quick dinner and that aims to prepare something healthy and genuine!
• Squids already cleaned: 500 g (17,63 oz)
• Paccheri (short pasta): 320 g (11,28 oz)
• Cherry tomatoes: 200 g (7,05 oz)
• Tomato sauce: 200 g (7, 05 oz)
• Extra virgin olive oil: as needed
• White wine: 50 g (1,76 oz)
• Fresh chilli pepper: 1
• Garlic: 3 cloves
• Chopped parsley: 2 tbsp
• Salt: as needed
1) To prepare the paccheri pasta with the squid sauce, place a pot on the stove with plenty of water that will be used to cook the pasta: when it boils, you can add salt to taste. Then start cleaning the squids. If they have not already been cleaned you can do it yourself. Switch to the cut, then separate the tentacles from the rest of the squid and obtain rings of about 1.5 cm. Then cut the tomatoes in half and keep aside. To finish thinly slice the pepper, from which you will remove the stalk.
2) Squeeze the cloves of garlic (if necessary you can use the whole peeled cloves and remove them at the end of cooking) in a pan where you have poured a little oil and let it cook for a few minutes over low heat, together with the chili pepper. Add the squid rings together with the tentacles and cook at high heat for just 1 minute, so that the meat of the squid does not harden too much.
3) Add the white wine and let it evaporate for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
4) Stir and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, dip the paccheri pasta in boiling salted water and then drain (keeping aside a little cooking water) halfway through cooking, pouring them directly into the pan with the sauce.
5) To spoil the pasta you will need a few ladles of water to cook the pasta: then pour a little ‘at a time when needed and stir often. In the meantime, finely chop the parsley and when cooked, sprinkle it on the paccheri pasta. Everything is ready, your paccheri pasta with squid sauce is ready to be served very hot!
You can keep the paccheri pasta with the squid sauce for a day at most, keeping them in a glass case and covering them with transparent film. If you prefer you can prepare the sauce in advance and then cook the pasta. Freezing is not recommended.
The paccheri pasta with squid sauce are really irresistible with tomato and tomato sauce, but if you want to whet your palate then you have to try the white version. Instead of cooking pasta water, use the fish stock.
We would like to have your feedback on this recipe …
Your opinion is very important for us ..
Tell us what you think in the comments you find at the bottom of the page.
Enjoy your meal!!
Stay Tuned – Join us on Facebook and get more recipes and freebies: Go Here