The Nutella roll is one of the most classic desserts: a delicious whirl of soft biscuit dough wraps one of the most popular spreads made with hazelnuts! This soft dough recalls the consistency and taste of the sponge cake but in this format it will become an inviting roll of overwhelming gluttony, which will conquer young and old!
for the base:
• Medium eggs: 4
• Sugar: 115 g (4,05 oz)
• Flour 00: 80 g (2,82 oz)
• Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
• Nutella: 350 g (12,34 oz)
• Ingredients to cover:
• Powdered sugar: as needed
• Bitter cocoa powder: as needed
1) To prepare the Nutella roll, break the eggs in the bowl of a planetary, equipped with a whisk (or with an electric blender). Start to assemble at medium speed and when they are foamy, first add the vanilla extract and then the granulated sugar several times. Continue to beat until the eggs are clear and well assembled. Turn off the machine and sieve the flour directly inside the eggs.
2) At this point, mix very gently with a spatula, making rotary movements from bottom to top, until the flour is completely absorbed and you will have obtained a swollen, fluffy, lump-free mixture. Grease and bake a baking pan 30×38 cm with parchment paper, making sure that the paper comes out from the edges, in this way it will be easier to lift the roll once cooked. Pour the mixture into the pan and with a spatula gently level it so that it covers the entire surface.
3) Cook in a preheated 220 ° C oven for about 8-9 minutes. Before removing the pan from the oven, make sure that the cookie dough is actually cooked. Once cooked, immediately remove the cookie dough from the dripping pan and turn it upside down on another sheet of parchment paper. Let it cool completely before removing the sheet of parchment paper very gently.
4) Now, pour the Nutella on the biscuit dough and with a spatula spread all over the surface, leaving a free edge on all sides of 2 cm. With the baking paper rolled up the cookie dough, starting by making a first fold until it is completely rolled. Wrap it again with the parchment paper so that the closure of the roll appears downwards and let it rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
5) At this point, discard and sprinkle first with the cocoa and then with powdered sugar. The Nutella roll is ready you just have to serve it!
You can add in the filling hazelnut grains for a delicious and crunchy note! Keep the nutella roll for 3-4 days at most in the refrigerator, well covered. If you prefer you can freeze it, even sliced if you prefer, and defrost it when necessary.
We would like to have your feedback on this recipe …
Your opinion is very important for us ..
Tell us what you think in the comments you find at the bottom of the page.
Enjoy your meal!
Stay Tuned – Join us on Facebook and get more recipes and freebies: Go Here