Simple and rustic flavors for an exquisitely Italian dish: cuttlefish with peas is a second dish of fish that never goes out of style, like stuffed cuttlefish, another timeless homemade recipe. Widespread in many coastal regions, very often also included in the menu as a second Christmas dish.
• Peas: 500 g (17,63 oz)
• Cuttlefish clean: 1 kg (35,27 oz)
• White onions: 1
• Extra virgin olive oil: 4 spoons
• Salt: as needed
• Parsley: as needed
• Vegetable broth: as needed
• Peeled tomatoes: 500 g (17, 63 oz)
• White wine: 50 g (1,76 oz)
• Black pepper: as needed
1) To make the cuttlefish with peas, first buy the vegetable stock. Once filtered, keep it warm; then clean the onion and chop it with a knife. Now take your cuttlefish already clean. Remove the tentacles, remove the eye and cut them into small pieces.
2) Cut the coat into fairly wide strips. Heat the olive oil in a large pan, pour the chopped onion and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, adding the hot vegetable stock to the need to avoid drying the onion too much.
3) When the onion will be very soft and transparent, pour the cuttlefish, salt and pepper. Cuttlefish could release water so you can raise the flame to dry them. When they have lost their water, blend with the white wine and let it evaporate. Finally add the peas, the peeled tomatoes previously crushed and deprived of the petiole; add a ladle of broth and continue cooking over a gentle heat for 15-20 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, wash, dry and chop the parsley. When the cuttlefish with peas will be soft, turn off the heat, flavor with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
You can store cuttlefish with peas in the refrigerator in an airtight case for a maximum of one day. You can freeze if you have used fresh, un-thawed ingredients. Toasted slices of homemade bread and flavored with oil and garlic, will be a perfect accompaniment to cuttlefish with peas.
We would like to have your feedback on this recipe …
Your opinion is very important for us ..
Tell us what you think in the comments you find at the bottom of the page.
Enjoy your meal!
Stay Tuned – Join us on Facebook and get more recipes and freebies: Go Here