A dessert that in few days has made its mark in the hearts of sailors around the web: the cream tart! Thanks to its colors and its simplicity, it is a cake suitable for all ages and perfect for all occasions. It will be enough to draw from the frolla a number that can symbolize the years of a birthday or in the case of an anniversary those spent together with the loved one. But with this soft and fragrant pastry you can indulge in making the most varied forms: from the heart for Valentine's Day, a flower for Mother's Day or a simple round shape for Sunday lunch.
• Flour 00: 140 g (4,93 oz)
• Almond flour: 125 g (4,40 oz)
• Cold butter: 125 g (4,40 oz)
• Egg: 1 medium
• Sugar: 25 g (0,88 oz)
Ingridients for the cream:
• Fresh liquid cream: 200 g (7,05 oz)
• Mascarpone: 200 g (7,05 oz)
• Powdered sugar: 50 g (1,76 oz)
• Vanilla bean: ½
Ingridients for decorate:
• Macarons: 4
• Strawberries: as needed
• Blackberries: as needed
• Dark chocolate in curls: as needed
• Powdered sugar: as needed
1) To prepare the cream tart, start with the shortcrust pastry: pour in a bowl the almond flour, the sugar, the 00 flour and the butter into small pieces. Knead everything with your hands until you get a crumbling mixture. Add the egg and knead again very quickly until compacted. Then transfer the mixture on a sheet of film and close to form a loaf. Let it rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Once cold, roll out the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, using a little flour, until you get a thickness of about 3 mm.
2) Using a puff hole puncture the dough (if you do not have the pastry hole you can use the prongs of a fork). Place a stencil in the shape of number 2, 16 cm long and 13 cm wide (you can cut out the shape you need from a cardboard). Using a small knife cut out the shape from the pastry and repeat the same operation to form another number 2; you can flip it to optimize space. At this point, remove the dough around the numbers, knead again and place in the refrigerator (5-10 minutes will suffice).
3) Cook the numbers obtained in a preheated 180 ° C static oven in the central shelf for 15 minutes. Then take out and let it cool without touching. While the first two numbers cook take care to spread again the pastry always remained until you get a thickness of 3 mm, then always made with stencils of the same size as done for the numbers 2, even two number 5. Always cook at 180 ° C for 15 minutes in the central shelf of the oven. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
4) Meanwhile prepare the cream. Pour the cream into a bowl, add the vanilla seeds, and start whipping adding the icing sugar. When the cream is well whipped add the mascarpone a little at a time and incorporate it making movements from the bottom to the top to not remove the cream. Store in a sac-à-poche with a smooth 10 cm nozzle. At this point place a number 2 and a number 5 on a tray.
5) Then take the cream and form some tufts on the whole surface of the numbers. Then place the corresponding shortcrust numbers over the cream tufts and make a second layer of cream, until covering the whole surface. Decorate with strawberries (washed and deprived of green leaves) cut into wedges, blackberries sprinkled with icing sugar, macarons and chocolate curls. Leave to rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving your cream tart.
The cream tart can be kept in the fridge for 2 days under a glass jar.
The pastry can be frozen. Cooked numbers can be prepared in advance.
The cream, however, it is preferable to prepare it at the moment.
It is advisable to prepare the day before the pastry to get a greater ease of processing. It is possible to replace 30 g (1,05 oz) of flour with 30 g (1,05 oz) of cocoa to obtain the cocoa shortbread.
We would like to have your feedback on this recipe …
Your opinion is very important for us ..
Tell us what you think in the comments you find at the bottom of the page.
Enjoy your meal!
Stay Tuned – Join us on Facebook and get more recipes and freebies: Go Here