The asparagus and Raspadura cheese risotto is a fine and delicate dish made of green asparagus, stracchino cheese and Raspadura, a variety of cheese that is typical of tLodi, in the italian region of Lombardy.
This type of cheese is known for its “drop”: even though it is aged for several months, the whey continues to drip.
The Raspadura cheese has a really strong flavour, so it goes well with the delicate flavour of the asparagus, it may also be enjoyed as an appetizer with some nuts or cured meats.
This risotto is perfect if fresh asparagus are used but can be cooked with frozen ones as well.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Serves: 4 people
- 11 ounce Carnaroli rice
- 10 ounce (clean) Asparagus
- 3.5 ounceRaspadura cheese
- 1 ounce Butter
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Shallot
- 5.5 ounce Stracchino cheese
- 1 glass White wine
- White pepper
- Vegetable broth
- Clean the asparagus and boil them in salted water for at least 10 minutes
- Drain the asparagus and slice them into thickly
- Cut the shallot
- Heat oil and butter in a pan
- add the shallot, sautee it at over a low heat for 10-15 minutes
- add the risotto into the pan and toast it for a couple of minutes, then add white wine
- When the wine is completely absorbed, start pouring the vegetable broth a little at a time
- Halfway through the cooking process, add the stracchino cheese and a cup of vegetable broth
- mix it slowly until smooth and creamy
- Add the asparagus, white pepper and salt
- A minute before turning off the heat, add the Raspadura cheese and cook until creamy
- Add some Raspadura cheese on top of the risotto as a decoration