Asparagus and prawns Pappardelle, are a first course with a delicate and refined taste, very simple to prepare and of great effect. The combination of prawns with asparagus is a perfectly managed combination that has become a classic of our good Mediterranean cuisine.
• Pappardelle: 250 g (8,81 oz)
• Asparagus: 400 g (14,10 oz)
• Prawns: 200 g (7,05 oz)
• Butter: 30 g (1,05 oz)
• Onions: 1 small
• White Wine: 60 ml
• Fresh liquid cream: 200 ml
• Chopped Chives: 1 tsp
• Vodka: 1 shot
• Black pepper: as needed
• Salt: as needed
1) To prepare the asparagus and prawns pappardelle start with cleaning the asparagus, put them to boil in a tall, narrow pan, keeping the tips out of the water. The cooking should not be prolonged so as not to pulp the asparagus that must maintain a certain consistency: in this case you will have to adjust according to the size of the asparagus.
2) Remove the asparagus from the pan and cut into half the washers and keep the tips you will use to garnish the dish. Use the other part of the asparagus to create a sauce: whisk the asparagus in a mixer with a ladle of cooking water until you get a creamy mixture.
3) In the meantime, melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan, making a small finely chopped onion wither; sprinkle everything with white wine and let it evaporate. Add the shelled shrimp tails, cook a few minutes and add the asparagus and sauce.
4) Let them skip a few moments and then add the cream and, if you like, a dash of vodka; salt and pepper according to your taste. Boil the pappardelle, drain and keep aside a little ‘cooking water; add the pappardelle to the prepared sauce, making them sauté in the pan briefly and adding, if necessary, a drop of cooking water.
5) Garnish with the asparagus tips kept aside, add the chopped chives and serve the pappardelle with asparagus and prawns still warm. The dish is served!
Asparagus and prawns pappardelle are kept in the refrigerator in an airtight case for a couple of days. Freezing is not recommended.
If you want to prepare a lighter version, replace the butter with the olive oil for the sauté and use fish stock instead of the fresh cream to flavor the dish.
We would like to have your feedback on this recipe …
Your opinion is very important for us ..
Tell us what you think in the comments you find at the bottom of the page.
Enjoy your meal!
Stay Tuned – Join us on Facebook and get more recipes and freebies: Go Here